Because of their beneficial properties, bio cosmetics, especially those prepared at home, are very popular lately. Natural products properties won the blue ribbon, placing on 1 position when it comes to beauty products. So, why not prepare your own foundation instead using chemicals to look flawless.
Recipe for homemade natural foundation
It may seem odd or complicated, but after you read all the steps in preparing your own natural foundation you’ll change your mind. Besides, I bet that you’ll use only the natural version, prepared at home, for foundation.
– 2 teaspoons of Argan oil (for dry or sensitive skin), or jojoba oil (for oily or oily and dry skin)
– 1 teaspoon of Shea butter
– half a teaspoon of emulsifying wax
– 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
– 1 teaspoon of hamamelis water (witch hazel)
– half or quarter teaspoon of cocoa (depending on your skin tone)
– half a teaspoon of clay or rice powder
– half a teaspoon of mica powdered, for shine (optional)
Method of preparation:
Step 1: Preparing the base
Put the vegetable oil for your skin type, shea butter, emulsifying wax to melt at Bain-marie (steam bath). After the composition becomes homogeneous, add aloe vera and witch hazel water. Mix again the composition and take the pot of the stove.
Step 2: Getting the right tone for your skin
Gradually add the ingredients that help you get the right skin tone. It’s important “playing” with them until you obtain a color shade close to your skin tone. Cocoa will close the shade while rice powder and clay opens the shade color.
Test the color on your forehead, and if you’re trilled with the result, store the natural homemade foundation in a suitable container. For brightness, add mica powdered.
If this recipe seems complicated or expensive, but you still want to try a natural homemade foundation, we have another solution: mix organic moisturizer with natural mineral powder.