Muffin top isn’t the sexiest thing you would want to see in a woman or a man. They distort your size and silhouette, and are very, very unaesthetic. Every time we want to try a new dress or a new pair of jeans…we feel disappointed by ourselves. And the best trick to get rid of that muffin top are daily exercises combined with a healthy diet. So, give it a shot and change your sedentary lifestyle and start to workout in your living, not necessary to get rid of muffin top, but also for your health.
Below are the easiest five exercises that work the oblique muscles and help you to get rid of muffin top for good!
1. Side lift-ups
– lie down on one side with your body straight;
– cross your arms at chest;
– keep your legs stuck together and raise them off the floor and at the same time lift your head and shoulder;
The lifting aren’t very high, but they are enough to contract your oblique muscles and to burn the belly fat. This is a simple exercise for beginners which require 10 repetitions on each side.
2. Dumbbells exercises
– stand up with your feet slightly apart with two dumbbells in each hand;
– raise the dumbbells over your head, so as to be positioned in line with the shoulders;
– keep your back straight and lean slightly to the right without turning or moving the upper body; take a short break in this position, then return to the initial position and do the same thing to the left; the movement must be carried out by the oblique muscles.
For quick results repeat 10 times on each side. These movements work the belly area help you to get rid of muffin top.
3. Twisted crunches
– lie down on your back with your knees slightly bent;
– put your hands behind your head without crossing your fingers;
– while you lie on your back, lift and twist carefully your head and shoulders, trying to touch your left elbow to your right knee – while the opposite leg should be stretched;
-return to starting position and then raise your head trying to touch your left knee with the opposite elbow.
This exercise is working hard the oblique muscles, creating a thin waist. The movements must be repeated 25 times.
4. Rotate your body
– stand straight, on your feet with your legs stuck together;
– take a light dumbbell and hold it with both hands glued to the chest;
– in this position, rotate your body to the right and immediately to 180 degrees to the left; return to the initial position and start all over again.
The movements should be done with speed and is recommended to tighten your thighs while you’re working out. Repeat 10 times on each side.
5. Waving your legs
– lying down on your belly with your legs straight and arms close to your body;
– gently lift your head and shoulders off the floor, while doing the same thing with your legs and knees; immediately after lifting your legs begins to move quickly up and down (scissors movement) for 20 seconds; attention, your head and shoulders must stay raised and thigh your muscles tense;
– if you want intense exercise, then lie your hands over your head and try to raise them too while your raising your head and shoulders
-to this type of exercise only the abdomen and the chest remain flat on the floor;
– after 20 seconds, take a short break, returning to the original position, and then start it again doing 3-4 sets of 20 repetitions.
Image Credits: SheKnows